Skip to main content

30 Questions!

Hi everyone! Happy Tuesday! 
Trina and I thought it would be a good idea to better introduce ourselves. Here are some questions to help you get to know us better!

  1. Are you a morning or night person? S-If i had to pick one, I suppose I am most productive in the morning. At night after my kids go to bed, you will find me asleep on the couch, under a cozy blanket watching mindless tv!  T-I definitely get more accomplished at night once my girls go to bed. I am not sure if I am a "night person", but that is the only time that it is quiet in my house.  (My girls are early risers.)
  2. Which do you prefer, sweet or salty foods? S-Sweet!!! Baked goods all day long!    T-Definitely sweet!  Ice cream is my favorite treat!
  3. What is your favorite kind/flavor of coffee?S- I love anything sweet. I make my own cold brew and creamer at home that I like during the summer. My go-to at Starbucks is usually a Mocha. Their Salted Caramel Mocha during the Fall/Holiday time is to die for! T-I honestly like most coffee flavors.  I used to like only sweet flavors, but I find that I do enjoy some robust flavors as well.  My all time favorite is the Starbucks Gingerbread Latte during the holidays.
  4. What is your favorite dinner? S-Anything my family will eat! My kids are especially picky. So, probably some sort of Italian meal, that seems to make everyone happy. T-I love Mexican and Italian.  My family loves pizza, pasta, and tacos.
  5. What is your favorite fast food? S- We try not to eat a lot of fast food, but we do sometimes and when we do, it's usually Chick-Fil-A, Panera or Moe's Southwest Grill. T-Definitely Chick-fil-a!  Due to our crazy schedule, we usually visit at least once a week.
  6. What was your favorite childhood television program? S-Anything Nick at Nite, it was 50s and 60s TV at its best. Mister Ed, Donna Reed Show, My Three Sons, Patty Duke Show-fantastic tv! T-I must be getting old because I really can't remember!  I know that I watched television, but there isn't one particular program(s) that I can recall that I enjoyed the most.
  7. What's the best book you read lately?S-I have been trying to read all of the Harry Potter series before the newest book comes out at the end of the month! T-I have been reading the new book by Elin Hilderbrand, Here's To Us.  I love reading her books during the summer because they all take place in Nantucket.  I feel like I am on a daily beach vacation!
  8. What is your favorite movie? S-That's a tough one. My favorite childhood movie was The Parent Trap, the one with Hayley Mills. She was the cutest! I now love anything funny and lighthearted. Pretty much anything that includes a former SNL cast member! T- The movie that comes to mind the most is Love Actually.  I always watch it around Christmas!
  9. What is usually your first thought when you wake up? S-Ugh. It's so early, but I gotta get up and get going to get the kids out the door! T-I usually jump right into the shower when I get up.  I do a lot of my best thinking in the shower.  I go through my to-do list for the day.
  10. What do you usually think about right before falling asleep? S-Again, I usually fall asleep when I can't keep my eyes open any more watching tv. T-I usually read before bed.  Sometimes things will come to mind that I don't want to forget, so I keep post-it notes on my nightstand so that I can write down things that I don't want to forget.
  11. What's your favorite color? S-Teal and Pink T-Purple
  12. What is your favorite season? S-I like them all for different reasons. Summer is obvious, fun in the sun and out of school. Fall is my favorite fashion season. You get to start wearing jeans and jackets and long sleeves, and the colors and smells...omg. Winter has snow days! Well, sometimes, and it's a great excuse to stay in and drink hot chocolate bundled up under a blanket by a fire. And Spring is always exciting to get outside and everything turns green and beautiful! T-Fall had always been my favorite season.  Being a teacher, I find fall to be about new beginnings for me. 
  13. What is your favorite holiday? S-Thanksgiving, I love getting the family together and cooking. Is that weird? T-Thanksgiving-I love getting together with family without all of the craziness that Christmas can bring sometimes.
  14. Do you have a favorite app? S-Right now my boys and I are obsessed with Pokemon Go. It's a fun way to get the kids out of the house! T-Amazon shopping app-I am a prime member and I can honestly say that I look at the app almost daily to order essentials or price check items.
  15. If you were given 1 million dollars, what do you spend it on? S-Probably a dream European vacation for our entire family and save the rest. T-I would put most of it away for my girls' college tuition.  The rest I would use for a family trip and new car.
  16. What is your favorite type of cookie? S- I love a good chocolate chip cookie! I am especially partial to some Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie that I make. Note to self: share that recipe with you guys soon! T-I love peanut butter cookies.  Peanut butter is one of my favorites.  I eat it almost daily!
  17. What is your go-to nail polish color? S-Pink. Pale pink so I can go forever between nail salon visits. And I rarely get manicures. They are pretty pointless in my world at this stage of life. They get chipped almost immediately. And I don't have the time to go to the nail salon often. T-I do not paint my fingernails because I find that they always chip.  I usually have pink, red, or purple on my toes.
  18. Which team or teams are "your" team?S- I married a Yankees fan, so for baseball, I gotta say Yankees. But MY team is the Packers! I have a lot of family in Wisconsin very near Green Bay, so we get to Lambeau Field even if only to visit every couple of years. We went to a preseason game a few years ago. That was so much fun! T-My husband is a Hokie, so we definitely cheer for VT in this family.  I honestly don't watch sports too much, but my husband loves the Redskins and Orioles.
  19. List 1 thing you wish you could change about yourself:  S-My drive for perfection is probably not a healthy one. T-I tend to be a control freak.  I wish that I could relax and let things go sometimes.
  20. Whats your dream date? S-Any date at all, almost! My husband, Eddie and I get out out so rarely! When we "escape" we usually go to dinner and a movie, and maybe some shopping! Sounds great to me! T-Anywhere quiet!  Our house is a busy, crazy place so it is rare to have a quiet moment to talk.
  21. Where do you like to shop? S- I shop a lot online because it is so much easier than dragging 3 kids out! I love Target, Amazon, Loft, Nordstrom, Banana Republic. T-I love Target, Amazon, and Loft.  I also do most of my shopping online.
  22. If you had a day to yourself, what would you do? S-What is that? Gosh, I really don't know. Probably read or watch a movie, or take a nap! T-Maybe binge watch shows that I hear people talking about?  It happens so rarely!  
  23. What is your favorite TV show? S-There are so many! I am a self-described TV junkie. I am really into watching Parks & Recreation right now on Netflix. And Trina (I hope it's ok to speak for you!) and I are VERY excited for the Gilmore Girls "movies" to come out!!! T-My girls and I love to watch cooking competition shows together. Cupcake Wars is our favorite.  I also love Modern Family, Scandal, and yes....Gilmore Girls!
  24. Are you mostly a clean or messy person? S-I would like to think I am clean, but I have a thing about piles. I create them everywhere. Drives my husband crazy. T-I try my best to keep things clean, but I am a realist.  There are 4 people living in my house.  Things only stay clean for so long.
  25. If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go? S- I have a few places on my short list of places to visit very soon. Italy, England, Hawaii and Ireland top the list. T- Definitely England...I am very interested in the royal family!  I would also love to go to Hawaii.  My husband is very interested in WWII, so we have always talked about seeing Pearl Harbor.
  26. What is your favorite ice cream flavor? S- Anything with chocolate, but not with nuts. T-Chocolate peanut butter
  27. What is your favorite flower? S-Ranunculus. So pretty! T-Tulips and daisies
  28. What's your favorite song of the moment?S-I have been into country lately. So, I would have to say Beer In Mexico, by Kenny Chesney. I am normally a Top 40 girl, but I am really enjoying this style of country these days.T-I don't really have a favorite song. I try to make sure that whatever we are listening to is appropriate for young ears!
  29. What's your favorite song of all time?  S-Oh wow. So many to choose from. I believe songs take you back to the time when it was popular or it was playing a lot. So, I think there is a favorite from every "era" in my life. It would be too hard to pick one. T-I don't know if I can pick just one, but I really love 80s music!
  30. Name one thing not many people know about you: S- I am horribly shy and introverted. Since college, I have found a way to force myself to appear outgoing. 95% of the time though, I prefer to be at home, cuddled up with my husband and kids on the couch watching a good movie together. I get overwhelmed being in crowds and not having down time to recover. I do have some exceptional friends that I love to hang out with, but aside from them, I have to force myself to be social.  T-I have always been fascinated with the movie/tv industry.  I would love to work on set for a network.  I think it would be an interesting career!

Hope you guys thought this was fun! I think we enjoyed doing it and learned a bit about each other!

Trina and Sara

© 2016 Moms' Coffee Date All Rights Reserved

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ladies Who Link: August Edition: Back To School Prep

Hey everybody!!  Sorry for our absence on last month's linkup! I know all you dedicated readers, ok...reader (Hi Mom!) missed us terribly! Summer has been quite a bear around here. We have been traveling a lot and just existing with 3 kids and a puppy has been a long, exhausting challenge. All that said, I do love them all dearly and do my best to cherish our summer time together and making fun memories...amidst the screaming and fighting. Look for the good, right?? Now that I've gotten that out of the way... Thanks for coming by for our link up! And a special thank you to our other hosts:  Allie over at A Gal Named Al ,  Lisa at Coast to Coast ,  Tara at Mommy In A Nutshell  and  Holly over at Pink Lady !! Back to School Prep time! Obviously, I am quite excited that it is time to get THIS party started. I haven't actually had to do much back to school prep to share with you. We did do our usual Target run to get what we needed. My 8th grader needed some

Friday Favorites! October 14th

Happy Friday!  We are linking up with  Erika ,  Narci  &  Andrea  for the weekly installment of Friday Favorites! This week my very top favorite is ELECTRICITY! Where I live in Virginia, was affected by Hurricane Matthew. By the time he reached us, he was downgraded to a post-tropical storm or something, but still there was a lot of damage in our area, and people are still dealing with it. We were very lucky. We had no major damage to our home. We did, however, lose power for 40 hours. Yes, I counted!  We were absolutely one of the lucky ones, as we had prepared in advance! And several years ago, we had a generator installed, so we had power to the essentials, like the refrigerator and some lights and a few outlets. Very helpful in keeping all of our devices charged!! My next favorite is celebrating this guy's birthday with his school friends a few days early! We had a video game bus come and park in front of our house. Several of Will's friends came and

Stranded! September 14: Movies

This month's Stranded Linkup hosted by Shay at Mix & Match Mama and Erika at A Little Bit of Everything is all about Movies!! I don't know about you, but this is a tough one! I love so many movies! I think these three I could watch over and over and over. I think that I have to go with my all-time favorite movie as a child for the first pick. 1st Pick Oh my gosh, you guys! I LOVED this movie SO much when I was little! Hayley Mills is my favorite! This version was the only one in existence when I was young, so I am biased and think this one is MUCH better than the Lindsay Lohan remake. 2nd Pick I mean, who doesn't love Will Ferrell and his crazy antics?! And in a holiday movie!?! We have watched this so many times during Christmastime and every other time of the year! My kids can quote many favorite lines! 3rd Pick I think this one needs to be a newer comedy that my husband and I have watched so many times. I LOVE Paul Rud