Skip to main content

A Day in the Life...

Hi everyone! Grab your favorite cup of whatever and take a peek at what life is like in my world!

I follow other blogs, and I love the recipes they post, fashion ideas and other tips. But by far, I find the posts about how they live an ordinary day to be absolutely fascinating! There are so many ways to live life, to pull back the curtain and see how other people do it is so interesting! With that said, I hope it's ok if I share a day in my life with you. If that's not for you, that's cool too!

Let's take today** for example. Today, I slept in, because it's summer!! Love, love, love the sleeping in part. And it was so strange that every single other person was sleeping still. I looked at the clock and it was 7am on the button. I shot out of bed remembering that today was the day to linkup with Mix & Match Mama and A Little Bit of Everything blog! Trina and I have been wanting to reach more people and this seemed like the perfect opportunity.  **Ok, when I say today, I actually mean yesterday! 

I jumped online, posted the Stranded post and headed over to Mix & Match Mama to find the linkup. Seriously guys, this was thrilling. It is a little scary to put your thoughts and life out there for the public to see and judge. It was fairly easy to linkup and boy was I excited that we got to be the 14th blog listed!

Is it crazy that I took a picture and sent it to Trina immediately? Probably, yes! But we are just seriously so excited to connect with you...yes, you! All of you!

After that, I posted our post on all of our current social media (FB, Instagram and Twitter). Once I texted Trina about 50 times to discuss our excitement, I decided it was time to get on with my day, because the morning was busy. 

I hopped in the shower. Nothing to see here, folks! I did the old shower cap trick to save myself from drying my annoyingly thick and wavy hair. In case you are wondering, I read the advice all over the place that washing your hair every day is bad. What?! I have to! But last year, I learned that if I wear a shower cap and pull out my bangs (because they get gross and greasy fast, you guys), I only have to wash and dry that part. Genius! Thanks to my  hair stylist, Janna, for pointing that tip out to me!

I got dressed in my new plaid shirt I bought last week, because I can't wait till Fall! I put on pants (well, shorts) too, btw. I rounded up the kids for breakfast because we needed to make a quick trip to one of my favorite places on Earth...Target!
We didn't have much time because we had another appointment a little later. It was an imperative trip because today Elliot got her BIG GIRL BED!!! Eddie picked it up for her last night while he was out for a business meeting. He happened to drive by a mattress store having a clearance and this was the last twin set they had! #meanttobe We had been talking to her about it, but it was a huge surprise to her to get it today. And me too, hence the rushed impromptu trip to Target to get a mattress protector. (I had already ordered these sheets: Mermaid Sheets, for cute and Flannel Sheets, for cozy!)
Setting up the frame. Holy cow it takes up most of the room!

Watching Daddy work is exhausting!

Daddy! Look at this!

Granny arrives to help watch the kids for the aforementioned appointment and see the new bed! Granny look at my new bed!


SO excited! 
Look! We all fit on the bed! 
After we got the bed together (the mattress protectors were still in the washing machine so I couldn't make her bed yet) Will and I had to dash off to his vision therapy appointment. What's that, you ask? Well, Will is entering into 3rd grade next year. Ever since he has started school (Pre-K), things weren't clicking for him. He is a really smart kid (yes, I know all parents think their kids are smart!) but something wasn't adding up. Each teacher had a different approach to helping. We even went to the optometrist to see if he needed glasses.  His first grade teacher had seen problems like this before and recommended a local behavioral optometrist. Long story short, even though he has 20/20 eyesight, his eyes and brain were not working together properly. So, for the last year and a half we have been in therapy to help correct it. It has made a HUGE difference in his abilities and his confidence. He has to wear glasses with progressive lenses. What?? For an 8 year old you say? I thought the same thing. But it really has helped. For more information, check this out.

One of today's exercises 
All smiles after!

I love hanging out with Will! It is so rare I get to hang out with my kids one on one, I will take any opportunity I can get! 

Then, we hit the grocery store. Ok, so not tons of fun, but it is definitely easier than shopping with 3 kids!



Hey Mom! Think I can lift this? Uh...help!


He insisted I take this picture. Look at the squid holding the lobster tails! And he wanted me to tell you that it is Hank from Finding Dory. That kid cracks me up.

Here he is helping us check out. He was fussing over it the whole time. He cracks me up!




Yay! Almost done and ready to pick up lunch for everyone at home!

We love Panera! 


We got home and unloaded and ate. Of course, Elliot wanted to play in her room. She insisted that Eddie and I lie down with her. I escaped. Eddie...did not. He took a little nap. Must be comfortable!



Coloring for some quiet time before dinner!
 Will picked out a pepper to try at the grocery store to try with dinner. We don't normally eat spicy food. This was a huge surprise.  These pictures are comical, and the look on Elliot's face in the background is so funny!






Sibling love!

We got a selfie stick today from Amazon and we had a little fun trying it out! Love the bluetooth button on the handle to take the pictures!












Time for bed in her new bed!!

Once Elliot was in bed, the boys got to stay up, it is summer! Will had some of this. So good!

More selfie stick fun! Watching Parks and Rec!



The boys begged me to take this picture when we had to pause it to help the "big girl" back to bed.

After all the kids were in bed, I decided to take a bath. I use this concoction because a friend of mine told me these things would create a detox bath. I try to soak in it once a week or so. Since the kids have been up so late, lately, that hasn't been happening. In case you can't see...I use about 1/4-1/2 bag of the Epsom salt, sprinkle in some baking soda, and put a few drops of lavender essential oil. 


**Note: I was in the bath all of 5 minutes, when I was interrupted by a panicked 3 year old. I think she had a bad dream. We calmed her down and let her to fall asleep in our bed, and Eddie moved her into her bed at 10:30.  

Hope you enjoyed reading about our day! 

Thanks for hanging with me today, er...yesterday...you get it!
Sara

© 2016 Moms' Coffee Date All Rights Reserved

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ladies Who Link: August Edition: Back To School Prep

Hey everybody!!  Sorry for our absence on last month's linkup! I know all you dedicated readers, ok...reader (Hi Mom!) missed us terribly! Summer has been quite a bear around here. We have been traveling a lot and just existing with 3 kids and a puppy has been a long, exhausting challenge. All that said, I do love them all dearly and do my best to cherish our summer time together and making fun memories...amidst the screaming and fighting. Look for the good, right?? Now that I've gotten that out of the way... Thanks for coming by for our link up! And a special thank you to our other hosts:  Allie over at A Gal Named Al ,  Lisa at Coast to Coast ,  Tara at Mommy In A Nutshell  and  Holly over at Pink Lady !! Back to School Prep time! Obviously, I am quite excited that it is time to get THIS party started. I haven't actually had to do much back to school prep to share with you. We did do our usual Target run to get what we needed. My 8th grader needed some

Friday Favorites! October 14th

Happy Friday!  We are linking up with  Erika ,  Narci  &  Andrea  for the weekly installment of Friday Favorites! This week my very top favorite is ELECTRICITY! Where I live in Virginia, was affected by Hurricane Matthew. By the time he reached us, he was downgraded to a post-tropical storm or something, but still there was a lot of damage in our area, and people are still dealing with it. We were very lucky. We had no major damage to our home. We did, however, lose power for 40 hours. Yes, I counted!  We were absolutely one of the lucky ones, as we had prepared in advance! And several years ago, we had a generator installed, so we had power to the essentials, like the refrigerator and some lights and a few outlets. Very helpful in keeping all of our devices charged!! My next favorite is celebrating this guy's birthday with his school friends a few days early! We had a video game bus come and park in front of our house. Several of Will's friends came and

Stranded! September 14: Movies

This month's Stranded Linkup hosted by Shay at Mix & Match Mama and Erika at A Little Bit of Everything is all about Movies!! I don't know about you, but this is a tough one! I love so many movies! I think these three I could watch over and over and over. I think that I have to go with my all-time favorite movie as a child for the first pick. 1st Pick Oh my gosh, you guys! I LOVED this movie SO much when I was little! Hayley Mills is my favorite! This version was the only one in existence when I was young, so I am biased and think this one is MUCH better than the Lindsay Lohan remake. 2nd Pick I mean, who doesn't love Will Ferrell and his crazy antics?! And in a holiday movie!?! We have watched this so many times during Christmastime and every other time of the year! My kids can quote many favorite lines! 3rd Pick I think this one needs to be a newer comedy that my husband and I have watched so many times. I LOVE Paul Rud