Skip to main content

Let's Chat : School Days Link Up

This month's linkup is SCHOOL DAYS! Thanks to Andrea and Erika for this opportunity!



Wow, July 25th and talking about school already! Actually, when we went on our coffee date together last week, Trina started school supply shopping for her girls! I, on the other hand, am totally bummed that my kids' school has decided to provide their school supplies this year. Are you crazy, you might ask? Ladies, I LOVE to school supply shop. Buying new pencils and pens and highlighters and post-its...the list goes on. I am a total dork, but I love it all!
Can I also take a second to freak out a little bit that Gavin, my oldest child, is entering into 7th grade?!?! Argh! I remember going into 7th grade. Scary stuff. Will is heading into 3rd and sweet Elliot will be in what we call Pre-K4.

These are my 3 kids on the first day of school last year. We have been using these awesome printables from the How Does She blog for a few years. These kids have grown so much in a year!



This was their last day of school. Isn't it the sweetest that they are holding hands??! I am melting over here!  Anyway, these are the backpacks they had, and they look pretty good after a year of wear and tear, don't they! Will's black backpack was a rolling one from Land's End. Here is this year's updated version. You can tuck the straps in when you roll it or wear it like a traditional backpack. He will probably get this to replace last year's backpack. It was a good quality backpack. The only problem was with the rolling part (at least last year's version) was that it would sometimes get off balance and he would have to battle it a bit to get it back on both wheels.
Elliot's backpack was so cute! We got it from Garnet Hill. It held up really great for her! And it was the Backpack size, not the Backpack Jr. size despite her petite size. Her school requires that it is large enough to put a full sized folder in.  They do not have the pattern she had this year, but the updated patterns are cute. I am considering this cute owl pattern one or this one below from Pottery Barn Kids.


My older son, Gavin, carries a Packers (Go Pack, Go!! Sorry. Had to do it!) backpack. I am sure there are TONS of fellow Packers fans out there, just dying to see the latest backpacks, am I right? His was more plain, but this is the updated version as well. I have no idea what kind he will want this year. I guess we should start talking about it!

My kids and I also love these Thermos 12oz and 16oz Funtainers on Amazon/AmazonSmile. Of course, they have many different designs and characters. Will is going to want this one, because in second grade he KNOWS he is going to be a paleontologist. Check them out! They keep drinks cold ALL DAY!  And I love the easy open and drinking from the straw! We put ours in the dishwasher every day. LOVE THEM!



Walking these two in on the first day last year.  Melts my heart to see us all holding hands! I get so excited at the beginning of a school year. It holds so much excitement and promise. I feel somehow more organized. I do love these lazy days of summer, eating on a less regimented schedule and swimming. So much swimming. Only 32 days left for us to enjoy the summer before we get back into the strict routine of the school year. 
-Sara


I love the start of a new school year!  As a teacher I see the new school as a new beginning and a fresh start.  I certainly love the summer with my family, but it is also nice to get back to a routine.  I am fortunate because I teach at the school that my girls attend.  I get to wave to them in the hall and watch them walk to class daily.  I love it!

Here are my girls on the first day of school last year.

This was the moment right before they walked down the hall to class on the first day!

My girls have both had the same LLBean backpack since kindergarten!  They are wonderful, durable backpacks.


They have a variety of colors and patterns.  They also have the option to monogram the backpack for an additional $8.00.  Right now these backpacks are 25% off, which makes them $29.96.  Not a bad deal for several years of use!

Both of my girls also have a lunch box from LLBean.  It is a great size and it keeps their lunches well insulated.  It was important for them to have a large lunch box because they put an after school snack in there as well since we usually spend a good amount of time in my classroom.

Neither of my girls are huge fans of sandwiches, so I often pack soup or pasta for them in a thermos. I love the Thermos Funtainer 10 ounce food jar.  It keeps their food warm until lunch.  It also closes tightly so I don't have to worry about spills inside the lunch box.


I honestly cannot believe that it is almost time to go back to school!  I was in a craft store yesterday and saw CHRISTMAS items already on display.  Everyone always told me that time would go by faster once I had children.  It is so true!  I cannot believe that I will have a 3rd grader and a 5th grader this year.  Middle school next year!!  I cannot even talk about that yet...

Here are my girls on the last day of school.  My oldest daughter has a bun in her hair because not only was it the last day of school, but it was also dance recital weekend.  More crazy school/dance schedules to come!  We will take it all in stride and I know that they will have a fabulous school year!


-Trina




© 2016 Moms' Coffee Date All Rights Reserved

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ladies Who Link: August Edition: Back To School Prep

Hey everybody!!  Sorry for our absence on last month's linkup! I know all you dedicated readers, ok...reader (Hi Mom!) missed us terribly! Summer has been quite a bear around here. We have been traveling a lot and just existing with 3 kids and a puppy has been a long, exhausting challenge. All that said, I do love them all dearly and do my best to cherish our summer time together and making fun memories...amidst the screaming and fighting. Look for the good, right?? Now that I've gotten that out of the way... Thanks for coming by for our link up! And a special thank you to our other hosts:  Allie over at A Gal Named Al ,  Lisa at Coast to Coast ,  Tara at Mommy In A Nutshell  and  Holly over at Pink Lady !! Back to School Prep time! Obviously, I am quite excited that it is time to get THIS party started. I haven't actually had to do much back to school prep to share with you. We did do our usual Target run to get what we needed. My 8th grader needed some

Friday Favorites! October 14th

Happy Friday!  We are linking up with  Erika ,  Narci  &  Andrea  for the weekly installment of Friday Favorites! This week my very top favorite is ELECTRICITY! Where I live in Virginia, was affected by Hurricane Matthew. By the time he reached us, he was downgraded to a post-tropical storm or something, but still there was a lot of damage in our area, and people are still dealing with it. We were very lucky. We had no major damage to our home. We did, however, lose power for 40 hours. Yes, I counted!  We were absolutely one of the lucky ones, as we had prepared in advance! And several years ago, we had a generator installed, so we had power to the essentials, like the refrigerator and some lights and a few outlets. Very helpful in keeping all of our devices charged!! My next favorite is celebrating this guy's birthday with his school friends a few days early! We had a video game bus come and park in front of our house. Several of Will's friends came and

Stranded! September 14: Movies

This month's Stranded Linkup hosted by Shay at Mix & Match Mama and Erika at A Little Bit of Everything is all about Movies!! I don't know about you, but this is a tough one! I love so many movies! I think these three I could watch over and over and over. I think that I have to go with my all-time favorite movie as a child for the first pick. 1st Pick Oh my gosh, you guys! I LOVED this movie SO much when I was little! Hayley Mills is my favorite! This version was the only one in existence when I was young, so I am biased and think this one is MUCH better than the Lindsay Lohan remake. 2nd Pick I mean, who doesn't love Will Ferrell and his crazy antics?! And in a holiday movie!?! We have watched this so many times during Christmastime and every other time of the year! My kids can quote many favorite lines! 3rd Pick I think this one needs to be a newer comedy that my husband and I have watched so many times. I LOVE Paul Rud