Skip to main content

Shopping the Summer Sales!

What's up, Coffee Daters! 
Who is up for joining me on an extremely rare SOLO trip out!? 

This week my all 3 of my delightfully adorable children were at day camps at their school. That allowed for Trina's and my rare IN PERSON extended coffee date! I hope you enjoyed following us during the day at our various stops on Instagram last Monday. And Wednesday, I went to the mall. By myself.

*Pause for dramatic effect.*

The last time I went to the mall by myself...hmmm...I would fail that quiz if I had to answer. I normally only shop online. So I took full advantage of it! First stop...Nordstrom for the fabulous Anniversary Sale. I have recently opened a card account there so I was able to shop with the cardholders before the general public. Full disclosure: I am receiving no benefit from telling you about these products. Just trying to help my fellow moms out with finding some cute clothes! Friends, there were some pretty good deals.

First stop, the women's department.
Peasant TopFavorite Jeans (different wash though), Flip Flops/Sandals
I thought this top was super cute. It was a nice fabric, had a cute pattern and would be cute with blue jeans or white jeans. I am a jeans girl. I live in them. Like, everyday. Just about no matter the occasion. These jeans are admittedly pricey, but they have the right amount of stretch and wash well. These are regular jeans I cuffed. They work great in winter with boots and cuffed in the summer. They are my very favorite jeans!! And the FitFlops! SO comfortable. If you don't own a pair, I think you need to rethink your life choices. Kidding. Obviously. These are a nicer looking pair, the sole isn't quick as thick as their original versions. The thicker sole (like this one) does mold better to your feet for a long day of walking. I have worn them to amusement parks (not this particular pair because of the leather) and not been sorry. But this particular version is great for comfort and cuteness. Also, somewhat of an investment.



Ok, sorry for the quality of these pictures, but I wanted you guys to see how cute keyhole cutout was in the back. I know. I am new to this fashion blogging thing. I am trying to improve the pictures. I love to read other people's fashion blogs and am inspired by what others wear. ANYWAY, I loved how the top has that high-low cut. And the material was so soft and stretchy. I think the only drawback was that you have to "lay flat to dry." Ugh. Why can't everything just go into the dryer!?

These tees are great! They are comfy, cute and wash well and CAN go in the dryer!!! I just discovered them through a friend. I may have bought multiple colors. But, you know... the sale!! It isn't Tuesday, but I think you should grab a few and, Treat Yo'Self!

Next, I wandered over to the "intimates" section.

Ladies. Have you seen this brand of pajamas? Why has no one mentioned them to me before? I am questioning all of my friendships now. Friends don't let friends lounge uncomfortably. I took this picture of the label to remember these. They were so soft. Like curling up in the softest teddy bear you can imagine. I have asked for these pants for my birthday, which just happens to be next week! While there, I also picked up a couple of these camisoles since they were on sale. They are very comfortable and help to smooth you out a bit. I wear tanks/camisoles a lot in the fall/winter as an extra layer and under too sheer things in the spring/summer.

Since I was sans children (because let's face it, they would never want to eat here), I decided to make my next stop:lunch in the Nordstrom Cafe!

Sorry, it looked so good, I dove in and forgot to take a picture for you to live vicariously through my day with me. I had the blackened salmon caesar salad. It was so, so good. 

After stuffing myself, I headed over to the Juniors' section. I know what you are thinking. Um, lady, you are turning 38 this week. You are FAR from a junior. Yes. Trust me, I feel you. Some of these other bloggers I follow have posted some really cute stuff from there, and while they are younger than me, not by that much. I thought I would stop by to see what could be made age appropriate. Don't worry, no crop top pics will follow!


I tucked it in and left it out, so you could see both ways. I loved it in person. I am not sure it translated on these iPhone pictures. 

This fabric felt so good. It was soft and stretchy. And if you haven't noticed yet, I am a huge stripe fan. I couldn't leave it there. I had to force myself to stop at this one, and fight my usual urge to buy any shirt I like in multiple colors. They had another one in olive and white stripes.

Next stop: Loft!
#loveloft


This top was great! I love the gauzy fabric and the length! And the cute pattern! I know you can't really see but it is purple (I think you will start to notice a theme here!) and white with a small geometric (?) pattern. I sized down because it was so long. It made the armholes a bit smaller, but I like that it wasn't gaping open.






I really loved these two tops. They fit really well and are basically a dressed up t-shirt. I thought they were actually pretty flattering. I love the feminine ruffle on the bottom. I ended up with both the teal and white. The white wasn't too sheer. It was a tiny bit, but not so much you feel the need to wear something underneath. I also think the addition of the necklace from J.Crew (no link because it was on clearance...sorry!) dressed it up a lot. 
I even wore it already this week with these gingham shorts I got from a quick stop into J.Crew! I got lots of compliments on the shorts that day! (Again pardon the poor quality photo. This is in my bedroom and the light is not great where the mirror is located.)


I absolutely loved the dressed up feeling of this shirt. It is literally a plain black t-shirt with fancy sleeves. It is a great length, good feel, and cute! Check, check and check!


I tried the pink one on, because the black one was really cute, why not get another in pink? Uh, because it really WAS too sheer. Hey, look everyone! You can totally see my bellybutton and my bra through the shirt. I didn't want to have to wear something underneath. So, that one went back. And P.S., what do you think of my face? My friend calls that my sitcom face. I make weird faces. 



I saw this on the way to the dressing room and grabbed it on a whim. I love this flowy top! Dressy without being uncomfortable. After I tried it on, I grabbed this one...


I think I might have a thing for this color purple right now. What do you think?



Also great in this purple color!


Thanks for coming with me on this shopping trip. I hope this was helpful for anyone looking to take advantage of the sales at the moment to look for some new clothes! 

-Sara

© 2016 Moms' Coffee Date All Rights Reserved

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites! October 14th

Happy Friday!  We are linking up with  Erika ,  Narci  &  Andrea  for the weekly installment of Friday Favorites! This week my very top favorite is ELECTRICITY! Where I live in Virginia, was affected by Hurricane Matthew. By the time he reached us, he was downgraded to a post-tropical storm or something, but still there was a lot of damage in our area, and people are still dealing with it. We were very lucky. We had no major damage to our home. We did, however, lose power for 40 hours. Yes, I counted!  We were absolutely one of the lucky ones, as we had prepared in advance! And several years ago, we had a generator installed, so we had power to the essentials, like the refrigerator and some lights and a few outlets. Very helpful in keeping all of our devices charged!! My next favorite is celebrating this guy's birthday with his school friends a few days early! We had a video game bus come and park in front of our house. Several of Will's friends came and

Ladies Who Link: August Edition: Back To School Prep

Hey everybody!!  Sorry for our absence on last month's linkup! I know all you dedicated readers, ok...reader (Hi Mom!) missed us terribly! Summer has been quite a bear around here. We have been traveling a lot and just existing with 3 kids and a puppy has been a long, exhausting challenge. All that said, I do love them all dearly and do my best to cherish our summer time together and making fun memories...amidst the screaming and fighting. Look for the good, right?? Now that I've gotten that out of the way... Thanks for coming by for our link up! And a special thank you to our other hosts:  Allie over at A Gal Named Al ,  Lisa at Coast to Coast ,  Tara at Mommy In A Nutshell  and  Holly over at Pink Lady !! Back to School Prep time! Obviously, I am quite excited that it is time to get THIS party started. I haven't actually had to do much back to school prep to share with you. We did do our usual Target run to get what we needed. My 8th grader needed some

Stranded! September 14: Movies

This month's Stranded Linkup hosted by Shay at Mix & Match Mama and Erika at A Little Bit of Everything is all about Movies!! I don't know about you, but this is a tough one! I love so many movies! I think these three I could watch over and over and over. I think that I have to go with my all-time favorite movie as a child for the first pick. 1st Pick Oh my gosh, you guys! I LOVED this movie SO much when I was little! Hayley Mills is my favorite! This version was the only one in existence when I was young, so I am biased and think this one is MUCH better than the Lindsay Lohan remake. 2nd Pick I mean, who doesn't love Will Ferrell and his crazy antics?! And in a holiday movie!?! We have watched this so many times during Christmastime and every other time of the year! My kids can quote many favorite lines! 3rd Pick I think this one needs to be a newer comedy that my husband and I have watched so many times. I LOVE Paul Rud