Skip to main content

What's Up Wednesday 7/27



WHAT WE'RE EATING THIS WEEK...
S-Honestly, I have no idea! I am always on the hunt for new recipes. I have tried to be a better meal planner, but I go through fits and spurts. We will grill out once, maybe eat out since we have a more laid back summer schedule!
T-Vegetables from our garden-My husband has become quite a gardener.  We have tomatoes, cucumber, peppers, and green beans.  Pictures to come!

WHAT I'M REMINISCING ABOUT...
Actual farm equipment still there!
My artistic shot
Love this place!

 S-My family has a farmhouse that was built by my great-grandparents. It has had many incarnations  in its 104 years, but the latest project is that my husband and I are working to turn the house and the almost 9 acres of property it sits on, into a brewery/beer tasting room/cafe/event venue/farmer's market/farm. I know that sounds like a lot. I hope to tell you more about that another time. It has been an office for our family business where my grandfather and my dad and my brother, husband and I work. My grandfather, my dad and my brother have all passed away. So, what I am reminiscing about is the memories I have of them in the Farmhouse before it becomes something completely different. I attach a lot of my family's memories to that physical place and it is a little hard for me to let it go. Cue Elsa belting it out. ;) It is a really exciting project, and I can't wait to see it come into fruition!
T-The girls have been very curious about pictures of them as babies this summer.  We have looked back at so many pictures and videos, so I have been reminiscing about my early days of being a first time mom, then a mom of 2.  In some ways it seems like yesterday, but then again I can't believe that my oldest daughter is 10!



My babies!  Where did the time go?!?!

WHAT I'M LOVING...
S-Can I be a little weird and say Pokemon Go? I swear, it's a good reason. My boys have always enjoyed Pokemon. My nephew, Breck (who just turned 23...what??!?!), has been into it his whole life and has shared his Pokemon things with them all their lives. Pokemon Go has gotten my normally homebody boys to be excited to get out and explore our community! I am LOVING it!

Gavin, Eddie and Breck all playing Pokemon Go














T-I am loving my Corkcicle canteen!  I have one in purple and I use it daily.  I have found that I am much better about drinking enough water since I have my Corkcicle.  It keeps my water cold all day.  I love it!  (An awesome parent from my class last year made the monogram for me.)




WHAT WE'VE BEEN UP TO...
S-Summer day camps at their school, swimming in the pool, going to the movies, picking blueberries, shopping for Fall clothes for everyone!
Look at our GIANT blueberry bush!



Love my girl!

T-We have been soaking up the last few precious weeks of summer.  We are spending a lot of time at the pool.  We are also planning a few other day trips before school starts.  Stay tuned!



A picture from a walk in the neighborhood with my oldest daughter.  I love that we have water so close to us!


Playground fun in our neighborhood!  We walk to our local playground at least 3 times a week.

WHAT I'M DREADING...

T-Going back to work next month!  I love being a teacher, but I do not slow down at all during the school year.  I love having more flexibility with my schedule during the summer.
S- Honestly, nothing really. But if I had to pick one, I would say as much as I love routines, I do dread the going back to school getting up early and being on a regimented, not-much-flexibility school schedule.

WHAT I'M WORKING ON...

T-We are in the process of painting and redecorating my youngest daughter's room.  She loves the color purple-like me!  There will be a lot of purple everywhere!  Pictures to come!
S- Cleaning out my house! Ugh! We are in the process of building a new house. It will be a long while before we actually move as we are in the very early stages. But after living in this house for 11 years, we have accumulated A LOT of stuff. I am trying to get renewed inspiration from The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo



WHAT I'M EXCITED ABOUT...
T-I am excited about all things fall!  Fall items are starting to appear in stores, which gets me very excited.  Fall is by far my favorite season.  I love the cooler temperatures, fall decorations, and fall food/drink.  I can't wait!
S-I second what Trina said! I get excited seeing all the Fall clothes and home decor out. The beginning of August every year, I start to want to eat Pumpkin bread, muffins, pie. Great, now I am getting hungry!

WHAT I'M WATCHING/READING...
T-I am reading so many books on my new Kindle Paperwhite.  I love it!  I will blog more about how much I love my Kindle at a later date.

S-The Harry Potter series by the fabulous J.K. Rowling in anticipation of the newest book coming out soon! and The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo.

WHAT I'M LISTENING TO...
T-My girls have been singing a lot of Karaoke lately on their Karaoke machine. I have been listening to them sing everything from Taylor Swift to Journey. 



S-I have been really into Kenny Chesney, Old Dominion and Zac Brown Band lately. I am usually a Top 40 girl, but I must be getting old! I am just not enjoying the latest hits. #isturning38reallythatold?


WHAT I'M WEARING...
T-I love flip flops!  My new favorites are by OluKai, which is a company based in Hawaii.  They are very comfortable and durable!  My girls each have a pair too.
S-I went on a bit of a fall clothes shopping spree last week.  They had some really good deals at the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. And lots of places are trying to unload summer clothes. I have been wearing the new stuff!

WHAT I'M DOING THIS WEEKEND...
S- Celebrating my birthday at my annual summer/birthday bash!
T-Leaving for the beach on Saturday!  I can't wait!  The beach is my happy place.




WHAT I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT (THIS) MONTH...
S- So many things! For starters, my sister from Wisconsin and my brother-in-law and nephews are coming down here to go on our annual beach trip to the Outer Banks of North Carolina! I can hardly stand the wait! We've been planning this for months!! 
Also, my family and I are going to visit Breck, my nephew in Asheville, North Carolina for a few days before he returns to classes. And after ALL of that, my kids go back to school. This is always bittersweet at our house. I  miss spending all day, every day with them (MOST of the time!), but it is nice to get back into a routine.
T-Enjoying the last few school-free weeks with my family.  The daily grind of work and school will begin soon, so I plan to enjoy every minute!

WHAT ELSE IS NEW...
T-We have been working on teaching our 9 month old lab mix tricks.  I have found great YouTube videos on dog training.  (I will blog more about this soon!)  Our dog can now sit, stay, come, shake, and go down!  It takes a lot of patience and a lot of sliced turkey!


Our sweet dog, Harper

S-Looking ahead to the projects we have going on and trying to plan our future trips! I use a travel agent, and I have been on the phone with her a lot trying to plan for our upcoming Disney Trip this Fall and a European summer trip for 2017. We love to travel!

WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE PART ABOUT SUMMER?

S-My favorite part about summer was spending time with my family, doing things we don't normally get to do during the school year. We really do enjoy traveling and we have had the opportunity to go a few places! Also, I love the ability to sleep in! (And folks, don't get too excited, "sleeping in" in my life means to 7AM.) I love that in the summer the relaxed schedule allows for not setting the alarm!!


T-I love being able to give 100% of myself to my kids in the summer.  As a teacher, during the school year I am pulled in so many different directions that I often feel a lot of mom guilt.  Don't get me wrong...my children want for nothing but my time with them during the school year is limited because of our busy schedules and school work (mine and theirs).  I know that one day they will not want to spend as much time with their mom, so I am soaking it all up now.  They love doing things as a family.  I treasure every second of time with them.  



Thanks for checking us out! Follow us to meet up for more Moms' Coffee Dates in the future!

-Trina and Sara





© 2016 Moms' Coffee Date All Rights Reserved

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites! October 14th

Happy Friday!  We are linking up with  Erika ,  Narci  &  Andrea  for the weekly installment of Friday Favorites! This week my very top favorite is ELECTRICITY! Where I live in Virginia, was affected by Hurricane Matthew. By the time he reached us, he was downgraded to a post-tropical storm or something, but still there was a lot of damage in our area, and people are still dealing with it. We were very lucky. We had no major damage to our home. We did, however, lose power for 40 hours. Yes, I counted!  We were absolutely one of the lucky ones, as we had prepared in advance! And several years ago, we had a generator installed, so we had power to the essentials, like the refrigerator and some lights and a few outlets. Very helpful in keeping all of our devices charged!! My next favorite is celebrating this guy's birthday with his school friends a few days early! We had a video game bus come and park in front of our house. Several of Will's friends came and

Ladies Who Link: August Edition: Back To School Prep

Hey everybody!!  Sorry for our absence on last month's linkup! I know all you dedicated readers, ok...reader (Hi Mom!) missed us terribly! Summer has been quite a bear around here. We have been traveling a lot and just existing with 3 kids and a puppy has been a long, exhausting challenge. All that said, I do love them all dearly and do my best to cherish our summer time together and making fun memories...amidst the screaming and fighting. Look for the good, right?? Now that I've gotten that out of the way... Thanks for coming by for our link up! And a special thank you to our other hosts:  Allie over at A Gal Named Al ,  Lisa at Coast to Coast ,  Tara at Mommy In A Nutshell  and  Holly over at Pink Lady !! Back to School Prep time! Obviously, I am quite excited that it is time to get THIS party started. I haven't actually had to do much back to school prep to share with you. We did do our usual Target run to get what we needed. My 8th grader needed some

Stranded! September 14: Movies

This month's Stranded Linkup hosted by Shay at Mix & Match Mama and Erika at A Little Bit of Everything is all about Movies!! I don't know about you, but this is a tough one! I love so many movies! I think these three I could watch over and over and over. I think that I have to go with my all-time favorite movie as a child for the first pick. 1st Pick Oh my gosh, you guys! I LOVED this movie SO much when I was little! Hayley Mills is my favorite! This version was the only one in existence when I was young, so I am biased and think this one is MUCH better than the Lindsay Lohan remake. 2nd Pick I mean, who doesn't love Will Ferrell and his crazy antics?! And in a holiday movie!?! We have watched this so many times during Christmastime and every other time of the year! My kids can quote many favorite lines! 3rd Pick I think this one needs to be a newer comedy that my husband and I have watched so many times. I LOVE Paul Rud