This recipe for Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies is the most coveted recipe of mine ever. EVERYTIME I make these cookies, people who have had them previously, get excited. We even have some friends that know I keep some of this cookie dough in my freezer almost all the time, and they have been known to nicely request to take my reserve stash. They are the sweetest newlyweds ever, so I let them. So, without further ado...
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 heaping tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1&1/2 cups uncooked regular rolled oats
- 1&1/2 mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cream together butter and brown sugar.
3. And egg and vanilla and beat well.
4. Add flours, baking soda, cinnamon and salt and mix well.
5. Add oats and chocolate chips and mix well.
6. Bake for 9 minutes or until the cookies spread a bit and look slightly browned.
7. Allow to set on the baking sheet for a few minutes.
8. Cool on cooling rack.
9. Most important step…devour the whole batch and make more!
Tip: Make a double batch! Bake what you want/need now. Next, take any leftover uncooked dough and scoop it into balls and place on a cookie sheet. Cover the dough and place in the freezer until frozen. Take it out, and place the dough balls into a labeled, dated plastic bag and put it back in the freezer! Then, when you are craving some homemade cookies, bake as many as you like whenever you want without having to start from scratch! This comes in super handy when you have a bake sale/event/recital that you have to take something and your kids forgot to mention it! They are a hit and so easy once you have done this prep! Trust me, and enjoy!
© 2016 Moms' Coffee Date All Rights Reserved