Skip to main content

Popsicles 2 ways!

Hey coffee daters!

Was that weird?  Maybe. Anyway, since it is summer, I am always looking for ideas for simple "projects" for my kids to do. I use the term project loosely because these popsicles were so easy, it took little to no effort. But it did keep them off of their devices for a little bit.
My 3 crazy children!
I let my kids use a cola from Whole Foods and an orange flavored Fanta in the Ring Pop mold I told you about here. They (and I) love the smaller size of the popsicles. Less mess and they feel like they got a big treat!

Oops! Sorry it's blurry!

Next, we used the same sodas mixed with ice cream in larger molds to make ice cream float style popsicles. You can find some just like them here!
Funny face and photobomb! P.S. Pay no mind to the collection of what appears to be beer bottles behind my daughter. They are. My husband likes to home-brew beer. He reuses bottles. They drive me crazy sitting on the counter waiting for him to bottle his latest creation!



We filled them partially with ice cream, poured in the soda and gently stirred it to mix with a bamboo skewer.



Ready for the freezer!
 A few hours later...

Pure joy! And a posed picture.



I hope your kids like them as much as mine did!

Enjoy!
Sara

© 2016 Moms' Coffee Date All Rights Reserved

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ladies Who Link: August Edition: Back To School Prep

Hey everybody!!  Sorry for our absence on last month's linkup! I know all you dedicated readers, ok...reader (Hi Mom!) missed us terribly! Summer has been quite a bear around here. We have been traveling a lot and just existing with 3 kids and a puppy has been a long, exhausting challenge. All that said, I do love them all dearly and do my best to cherish our summer time together and making fun memories...amidst the screaming and fighting. Look for the good, right?? Now that I've gotten that out of the way... Thanks for coming by for our link up! And a special thank you to our other hosts:  Allie over at A Gal Named Al ,  Lisa at Coast to Coast ,  Tara at Mommy In A Nutshell  and  Holly over at Pink Lady !! Back to School Prep time! Obviously, I am quite excited that it is time to get THIS party started. I haven't actually had to do much back to school prep to share with you. We did do our usual Target run to get what we needed. My 8th grader needed some

Friday Favorites! October 14th

Happy Friday!  We are linking up with  Erika ,  Narci  &  Andrea  for the weekly installment of Friday Favorites! This week my very top favorite is ELECTRICITY! Where I live in Virginia, was affected by Hurricane Matthew. By the time he reached us, he was downgraded to a post-tropical storm or something, but still there was a lot of damage in our area, and people are still dealing with it. We were very lucky. We had no major damage to our home. We did, however, lose power for 40 hours. Yes, I counted!  We were absolutely one of the lucky ones, as we had prepared in advance! And several years ago, we had a generator installed, so we had power to the essentials, like the refrigerator and some lights and a few outlets. Very helpful in keeping all of our devices charged!! My next favorite is celebrating this guy's birthday with his school friends a few days early! We had a video game bus come and park in front of our house. Several of Will's friends came and

Stranded! September 14: Movies

This month's Stranded Linkup hosted by Shay at Mix & Match Mama and Erika at A Little Bit of Everything is all about Movies!! I don't know about you, but this is a tough one! I love so many movies! I think these three I could watch over and over and over. I think that I have to go with my all-time favorite movie as a child for the first pick. 1st Pick Oh my gosh, you guys! I LOVED this movie SO much when I was little! Hayley Mills is my favorite! This version was the only one in existence when I was young, so I am biased and think this one is MUCH better than the Lindsay Lohan remake. 2nd Pick I mean, who doesn't love Will Ferrell and his crazy antics?! And in a holiday movie!?! We have watched this so many times during Christmastime and every other time of the year! My kids can quote many favorite lines! 3rd Pick I think this one needs to be a newer comedy that my husband and I have watched so many times. I LOVE Paul Rud