Skip to main content

Friday Favorites-January 13th


We are on our THIRD snow day here!  I love days off with my family, but I am actually happy to get back to our routine tomorrow.  Here are some of my recent favorites:

Favorite #1
I treated myself to a Fitbit Charge 2 after Christmas and I love it!  I have always wondered how many steps I take since I almost never sit down at school.  (At least 10,000 steps by the time the school day is over!)  Also, as I get older I am realizing how important exercise is for health.  I am hoping that it will motivate me to move more.  I have to say that so far it works!  It reminds me to move if I sit for too long,  (This has happened a lot on these snow days!) My oldest daughter got a Fitbit Alta for Christmas, so it is also a great way for us to "compete" to see who has the most steps. My youngest daughter has shown a lot of interest, so I may look into getting her one as well.  Anything that helps us to be more active as a family is a good thing!


Favorite #2
My family loves to garden in the spring and fall.  One thing that we have always tried to grow but have had no luck with are avocado trees.  My husband has tried growing one from a seed several times without luck.  I searched on the internet and found Avoseedo.  It is basically a boat for an avocado seed.  It got great ratings on Amazon, so we are giving it a try.  I will let you know if it works.  I really hope so!  I would love to have fresh avocados to eat at home!



Favorite #3
I have blogged several times about how much I love my Frye boots.  Honestly, I love boots in general.  I am always excited to find new ones to add to my collection.  My husband got me my first pair of Sorel boots for Christmas and I love them!  They have a fleece lining and are waterproof.  The sole has great traction too.  I wore them out in the snow and they kept my feet warm and dry.  I definitely recommend them!

Favorite #4
I hate to be cold in the winter.  I especially hate it when my feet are cold!  This winter I have discovered Cuddl Duds socks and they are wonderful!  They are super soft, thick, and warm.  If you are a fan of cozy socks, I would definitely recommend giving them a try.  I know that Kohl's now carries the Cuddl Duds brand, so you can often get them for a really great price.



-Trina

What a crazy couple of weeks we've had! My kids finally went back to school after Winter Break! Well, sort of. Two of them were home sick all week, and finally returned last Friday.  So now you understand why we were MIA on our Friday Favorites last week! Anyway, an hour into the school day on Friday, my other child came home sick from school. And the very next day, we got about 6 inches of snow/ice. 

And yesterday, was the very first day they went back to school as a result of the snowstorm. If you follow us on social media, you saw that my husband, Eddie, and I went to Orlando to the International Builders' Show this week. So, that means my Mom and my niece watched my kids while we were gone. And I think they went a little stir crazy as the roads were so iced over, people were ice skating on them. Literally. So, the kids returned to school as I said, and my boys came home an hour after school started. We'll see what today holds! On to my favorites!

I think it goes without saying that my first 2 Favorites this week are my Mom and my niece for taking care of the homefront this week! Eddie and I only get away once a year for this show, so we really try to make the most of our only time away together. Without my Mom and niece, this would not be possible. 

Favorite #3




These are amazing! I have sinus issues regularly. And if you have ever felt like your head is going to literally explode on an airplane from the pressure, you need these! I take a nasal decongestant in conjunction with these and haven't had a problem in a long time!

Favorite #4



I wore these to Orlando this week. They were the only shoes I wore. I averaged about 16,000 steps each day walking around at the convention, and they were still really comfortable! I love that these are cute AND comfy! They required no breaking in time even for my unusual feet. For me, that is amazing!! I HIGHLY recommend them. In fact, I might even consider them a must have. 

Favorite #5

I know I have shared this before, but I have to use it as one of my Friday Favorites this week because I literally wore this just about all day, every day in Orlando. It saved me so many times! They keep things cool in the convention center, and even in Florida, the beginning of the week was really cool. And early mornings and after dark it cooled off quite a bit. I suppose even down there, in January, it is Winter! Not to mention, on the rare occasion when I wanted to take it off, it was lightweight to carry around or to stuff in one of those free messenger bags they pass out at this types of event.


Have a great holiday weekend everyone!


Remember to join us next Thursday for our own linkup! We are excited to read all your tips and tricks for organization!


-Sara

Other Posts You Might Enjoy






© 2017 Moms' Coffee Date All Rights Reserved



Comments

  1. Hello from 85 degree Houston! Sorry, not sorry! I need to borrow someone's fitbit sometime and see what my steps are like at school. Hope you had a great time in Florida- your Kohler pics were so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to know if the Avaseedo works!! I saw a commercial (or maybe a video on facebook??) I thought, you know, I would love to do that if it works, but if it doesn't then its a real waste of space to keep it on the counter so long! Ha! Good luck and be sure to let us know. Stopped over from Friday Favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Saturday! I'm stopping by from the link up. Those socks sound so cozy and the naturalizer boots are super cute! Thanks for sharing! Enjoy your weekend! - Brenda // Chatting Over Chocolate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenda, thanks so much for stopping by! And thanks for the kind words!

      Delete
  4. I love Cuddl Duds!! Can't wait to hear about the Avaseedo! Oh man what a start to the semester. Poor kids sick and crazy weather!! It can only get better. We went from minus temps to 50 in 24 hours. So nuts! Glad you had a nice getaway with the Mr. Stay warm and enjoy a cozy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites! October 14th

Happy Friday!  We are linking up with  Erika ,  Narci  &  Andrea  for the weekly installment of Friday Favorites! This week my very top favorite is ELECTRICITY! Where I live in Virginia, was affected by Hurricane Matthew. By the time he reached us, he was downgraded to a post-tropical storm or something, but still there was a lot of damage in our area, and people are still dealing with it. We were very lucky. We had no major damage to our home. We did, however, lose power for 40 hours. Yes, I counted!  We were absolutely one of the lucky ones, as we had prepared in advance! And several years ago, we had a generator installed, so we had power to the essentials, like the refrigerator and some lights and a few outlets. Very helpful in keeping all of our devices charged!! My next favorite is celebrating this guy's birthday with his school friends a few days early! We had a video game bus come and park in front of our house. Several of Will's friends came and

Ladies Who Link: August Edition: Back To School Prep

Hey everybody!!  Sorry for our absence on last month's linkup! I know all you dedicated readers, ok...reader (Hi Mom!) missed us terribly! Summer has been quite a bear around here. We have been traveling a lot and just existing with 3 kids and a puppy has been a long, exhausting challenge. All that said, I do love them all dearly and do my best to cherish our summer time together and making fun memories...amidst the screaming and fighting. Look for the good, right?? Now that I've gotten that out of the way... Thanks for coming by for our link up! And a special thank you to our other hosts:  Allie over at A Gal Named Al ,  Lisa at Coast to Coast ,  Tara at Mommy In A Nutshell  and  Holly over at Pink Lady !! Back to School Prep time! Obviously, I am quite excited that it is time to get THIS party started. I haven't actually had to do much back to school prep to share with you. We did do our usual Target run to get what we needed. My 8th grader needed some

Stranded! September 14: Movies

This month's Stranded Linkup hosted by Shay at Mix & Match Mama and Erika at A Little Bit of Everything is all about Movies!! I don't know about you, but this is a tough one! I love so many movies! I think these three I could watch over and over and over. I think that I have to go with my all-time favorite movie as a child for the first pick. 1st Pick Oh my gosh, you guys! I LOVED this movie SO much when I was little! Hayley Mills is my favorite! This version was the only one in existence when I was young, so I am biased and think this one is MUCH better than the Lindsay Lohan remake. 2nd Pick I mean, who doesn't love Will Ferrell and his crazy antics?! And in a holiday movie!?! We have watched this so many times during Christmastime and every other time of the year! My kids can quote many favorite lines! 3rd Pick I think this one needs to be a newer comedy that my husband and I have watched so many times. I LOVE Paul Rud