Skip to main content

Friday Favorites - December 30th

I can't believe it's the last Friday Favorites linkup of the year! So long, 2016!
Hello to 2017!

Favorite #1

This blog! Trina and I hatched the idea this year, and we had no idea how we would do it exactly. Or if anyone would read it. We are still learning, I think we have made a lot of progress but, I think we also still have a long way to go!  

There is so much to learn when you blog. I feel like we have reached only the tip of the iceberg! The more you learn, the more you realize there is to learn and so on. I am enjoying the challenge!

Also, without being too cheesy, I have "met" some really nice and supportive people! In fact, we are teaming up with A Gal Named Al next year to do a new monthly link up! Details below! We are excited to work with Allie. She is so sweet, smart and funny! We hope you fellow bloggers out there will join in on the fun!





Favorite #2

This one is an obvious one, that is probably all of our favorites...Winter Break! 

I am loving "sleeping in!" I know when I tell you I sleep in until 7:30, unless you are a mom, that is a sick joke. But I get up at 6am everyday, so 7:30 is nice. Bedtime is later and I get to hang out with my niece and nephew while they are home on break and have adult discussions after the 3 smaller kids are in bed.

I am also enjoying not having a rigid schedule. No homework. No super set meal time or bed time. The kids stay in their pajamas until late in the day, so late, they decide to just keep wearing them! It it just really nice to have a breather. I hope you all have enjoyed your break as well!

Here are a few of the things we have done so far...

Ugly Christmas Sweater Family Photo on Christmas Eve

Me and my bff...and a toy soldier!

'Twas the Night Before Christmas 

Christmas Eve Tradition...driving around looking at the lights


A really cool street in our city that has this pretty lighted walkway

Family selfie while out celebrating my niece's 21st birthday

Favorite #3

For you fellow hobby photographers out there, I got a big surprise on Christmas! My husband got a new camera body for me! I have been enjoying trying it out! I look forward to some free time when the kids go back to school to experiment a bit more with it. I mostly prefer to take pictures of people, but I do enjoy taking artsy landscape photos too. I have been kicking around the idea of taking family photos for friends in order to see if I would like to take my photography to the next level. If any of you out there have any advice for me, comments are welcomed!


-Sara


Wow!  Where did the year go?  I cannot believe that we are about to start 2017!  

Favorite #1
I am going to copy Sara with this one and go with this blog!  I love being able to connect with people all over with our blog.  I hope that we will reach even more readers in 2017.  The blog has also been great because I feel like Sara and I are staying more connected and I feel like I know what is going on in her life even though she is miles away!

Favorite #2
I have loved being able to spend so much time with my family over break.  We are so scheduled during the school weeks.  It is nice to be able to wake up and say, "What do we want to do today?" My girls are also really into games lately, so we have had a lot of fun playing games together.  One game suggestion that I have is Uno Attack.  We have always loved regular Uno, but Uno Attack is even more fun!  



Ice skating

Christmas morning

Favorite #3
I have blogged before about how much my girls and I love to watch Dancing With the Stars together. They are coming to Richmond, and I got them tickets as one of their presents this year!  We are so excited to go!  The show is on a school night, so the next day at school will be interesting.  I think that it will be worth it!  Stay tuned....


-Trina


We hope you have a safe and Happy New Year!


Other Posts You Might Like:











© 2016 Moms' Coffee Date All Rights Reserved


Comments

  1. I'm not ready to wear clothes that aren't pajamas! Hope your new camera adventures go well! And how fun to go see DWTS with the girls! Thanks for linking up in 2017- have a great new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that the girls are going to see Dancing with the Stars! How fun for them!!

    happilyevergriedlscom.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ladies Who Link: August Edition: Back To School Prep

Hey everybody!!  Sorry for our absence on last month's linkup! I know all you dedicated readers, ok...reader (Hi Mom!) missed us terribly! Summer has been quite a bear around here. We have been traveling a lot and just existing with 3 kids and a puppy has been a long, exhausting challenge. All that said, I do love them all dearly and do my best to cherish our summer time together and making fun memories...amidst the screaming and fighting. Look for the good, right?? Now that I've gotten that out of the way... Thanks for coming by for our link up! And a special thank you to our other hosts:  Allie over at A Gal Named Al ,  Lisa at Coast to Coast ,  Tara at Mommy In A Nutshell  and  Holly over at Pink Lady !! Back to School Prep time! Obviously, I am quite excited that it is time to get THIS party started. I haven't actually had to do much back to school prep to share with you. We did do our usual Target run to get what we needed. My 8th grader needed some

Friday Favorites! October 14th

Happy Friday!  We are linking up with  Erika ,  Narci  &  Andrea  for the weekly installment of Friday Favorites! This week my very top favorite is ELECTRICITY! Where I live in Virginia, was affected by Hurricane Matthew. By the time he reached us, he was downgraded to a post-tropical storm or something, but still there was a lot of damage in our area, and people are still dealing with it. We were very lucky. We had no major damage to our home. We did, however, lose power for 40 hours. Yes, I counted!  We were absolutely one of the lucky ones, as we had prepared in advance! And several years ago, we had a generator installed, so we had power to the essentials, like the refrigerator and some lights and a few outlets. Very helpful in keeping all of our devices charged!! My next favorite is celebrating this guy's birthday with his school friends a few days early! We had a video game bus come and park in front of our house. Several of Will's friends came and

Stranded! September 14: Movies

This month's Stranded Linkup hosted by Shay at Mix & Match Mama and Erika at A Little Bit of Everything is all about Movies!! I don't know about you, but this is a tough one! I love so many movies! I think these three I could watch over and over and over. I think that I have to go with my all-time favorite movie as a child for the first pick. 1st Pick Oh my gosh, you guys! I LOVED this movie SO much when I was little! Hayley Mills is my favorite! This version was the only one in existence when I was young, so I am biased and think this one is MUCH better than the Lindsay Lohan remake. 2nd Pick I mean, who doesn't love Will Ferrell and his crazy antics?! And in a holiday movie!?! We have watched this so many times during Christmastime and every other time of the year! My kids can quote many favorite lines! 3rd Pick I think this one needs to be a newer comedy that my husband and I have watched so many times. I LOVE Paul Rud