Skip to main content

Outer Banks Trip Days 4-6



Lighthouses, Cannons and Beaches, Oh My!

Thanks for coming back to check out the last installment of our OBX Trip recap!

Day 3

We started out the day with a trip to Duck Donuts! Of course we had to take a picture. Please excuse the picture. It was like 157 degrees with 3000% humidity. We were sweating and my hair had certainly seen better days. Heather looks beautiful as always. #howdoesshedothat?




The boys waiting in line to watch them make the doughnuts! 


 It's fascinating to watch them make the doughnuts fresh from start to finish before your eyes!


Next up, a few hours at the beach!

Will

Heather and Dawson

Colby and Will





Kids always love to dig holes on the beach!!





Just sitting in the surf on this hot, hot day.



Sisters' Selfie!!


Elliot and Dawson

Time for dinner!



Here we all are at one of our MOST favorite restaurant in the OBX. JK's!! (Click for more info!)

Elliot loves Uncle Chase!

Here are their Tobacco Onions. They are basically the best fried onion "strings" ever, and the sauce is awesome! They are famous for their dry rub ribs! If you ever get the chance to go, order them!! You won't be sorry! And it's pretty kid friendly too! They have a kids menu, paper covering the white tablecloths with crayons and the window to the grill is in the hostess area. If they see a kid in the window, they make the flames "dance"!



After dinner, we made a stop at Parrot Bay. Selfie! Look at our faces. Heather is laughing at me for hauling out the selfie stick again. 

And the best ghost crab find of the night!


Day 4


We took a little trip to show the Wisconsinites a lighthouse! The closest one to us was the Bodie Island Lighthouse

Family Picture Time!

                               




Mommm! It's too bright! Do we have tooooo?!?!


Our next stop was Kitty Hawk Kites located right across from Jockey's Ridge, the largest sand dune on the East Coast. We bought some fudge, had some lunch and happened upon their annual Pirate Festival!

Awww!

Because of the Pirate Festival, they had this lovely lady posing a mermaid for the kids. Elliot LOVED it!


Pirate area

Jockey's Ridge is that sand dune across the street. This picture really doesn't do it's size justice.




Elliot in the pillory

Will in the pillory. LESS than thrilled!
Elliot steering and dancing!




Arrrr!



Pirate Santa

"Slim" the Pirate

They are preparing the set the cannons off! Everyone had to get behind the line, but I am the goofball in the parking lot on the wrong side of the cannons trying to get pictures of them going off. Man! They were SO loud!










We went to dinner at Mako Mike's, one of the kids' favorite because of all the shark "stuff" they have everywhere. Another group selfie!!


Of course we HAD to pose in the giant adirondack chair!



Loving on my nephews! I miss them so much!
Too sweet of Heather and Colby NOT to share it!!

And a final trip to the beach before we had to pack up the next day.





My heart is melting!!

All the cousins together!! So precious!!





Brotherly love!


Sisterly love!

More hole digging!!




Getting ready to ghost crab hunt one last time with the flashlights!





Thanks for the help, Uncle Chase!

Day 6

On our way back home, so that they could catch their flight home the next morning, we stopped to share with them our Capt'n Franks tradition!


That's it! I loved writing these posts because it was like reliving all of the fun we had! I feel so lucky to have Heather for a sister (and of course Chase for a brother-in-law and Colby and Dawson for nephews!)!!  I love them all so so much! I can't wait until we get to visit with them again!


-Sara

Posts You Might Like:

                                                             © 2016 Moms' Coffee Date All Rights Reserved


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites! October 14th

Happy Friday!  We are linking up with  Erika ,  Narci  &  Andrea  for the weekly installment of Friday Favorites! This week my very top favorite is ELECTRICITY! Where I live in Virginia, was affected by Hurricane Matthew. By the time he reached us, he was downgraded to a post-tropical storm or something, but still there was a lot of damage in our area, and people are still dealing with it. We were very lucky. We had no major damage to our home. We did, however, lose power for 40 hours. Yes, I counted!  We were absolutely one of the lucky ones, as we had prepared in advance! And several years ago, we had a generator installed, so we had power to the essentials, like the refrigerator and some lights and a few outlets. Very helpful in keeping all of our devices charged!! My next favorite is celebrating this guy's birthday with his school friends a few days early! We had a video game bus come and park in front of our house. Several of Will's friends came and

Stranded! September 14: Movies

This month's Stranded Linkup hosted by Shay at Mix & Match Mama and Erika at A Little Bit of Everything is all about Movies!! I don't know about you, but this is a tough one! I love so many movies! I think these three I could watch over and over and over. I think that I have to go with my all-time favorite movie as a child for the first pick. 1st Pick Oh my gosh, you guys! I LOVED this movie SO much when I was little! Hayley Mills is my favorite! This version was the only one in existence when I was young, so I am biased and think this one is MUCH better than the Lindsay Lohan remake. 2nd Pick I mean, who doesn't love Will Ferrell and his crazy antics?! And in a holiday movie!?! We have watched this so many times during Christmastime and every other time of the year! My kids can quote many favorite lines! 3rd Pick I think this one needs to be a newer comedy that my husband and I have watched so many times. I LOVE Paul Rud

Ladies Who Link: August Edition: Back To School Prep

Hey everybody!!  Sorry for our absence on last month's linkup! I know all you dedicated readers, ok...reader (Hi Mom!) missed us terribly! Summer has been quite a bear around here. We have been traveling a lot and just existing with 3 kids and a puppy has been a long, exhausting challenge. All that said, I do love them all dearly and do my best to cherish our summer time together and making fun memories...amidst the screaming and fighting. Look for the good, right?? Now that I've gotten that out of the way... Thanks for coming by for our link up! And a special thank you to our other hosts:  Allie over at A Gal Named Al ,  Lisa at Coast to Coast ,  Tara at Mommy In A Nutshell  and  Holly over at Pink Lady !! Back to School Prep time! Obviously, I am quite excited that it is time to get THIS party started. I haven't actually had to do much back to school prep to share with you. We did do our usual Target run to get what we needed. My 8th grader needed some