Skip to main content

Friday Favorites! October 21st


Today, we are linking up with the amazing ErikaNarci, and Andrea!

Favorite #1
Another #FallBucketListMCD item can be checked off...fall craft with kids!  I cannot take the credit for this craft, but they turned out so cute!  My sister in law did a pumpkin craft with my kids on Sunday.  They hot glued wine corks together and painted the outside orange.  Then, they added another cork on top that they painted green.  Finally, they added a small leaf.  The result was an adorable pumpkin.  I love them!  It was very easy and my girls had a great time making them.  I will definitely be adding them to my fall decor.

Favorite #2
My family FINALLY got a new car!  This may not sound like a huge deal to some of you, but my family drives cars into the ground.  My last car was 12 years old and we had started to have issues with it, so we decided it was time to look for a new car.  As we looked around, we decided to stick with the car that we had before, the Honda CRV.  We love it!  Interest rates are great now for the 2016 models.  I know that I will probably have this car for the next 12 years, but right now I am excited for the new car smell and the lack of french fries and other random items between the seats!
Favorite #3
My family is going away for the weekend to Massanutten Resort in Massanutten, Virginia.  It is in the northwestern part of Virginia.  It is a beautiful, mountainous area with beautiful views of fall foliage. I can't wait to get away from our busy schedule for 3 days and enjoy a slower pace.  I will do a full blog post about our adventures once we return.


Favorite #1

This.


This week, we received our MagicBands in the mail for our upcoming trip to DisneyWorld! We are so excited because Elliot is finally old enough to go to the Bibbidi Bobbiddi Boutique!

I love that they send them in advance, it helps to build the excitement! We aren't going for a few more weeks, but that sure is a fun package to get in the mail!

Favorite #2

Starbucks!

Ok, aside from the obvious reasons for helping me to stay caffeinated when I am not home, this week their free wifi really helped me out! 

Our wifi was down this week after a scary experience! My husband discovered the power supply to our modem had a short in it when he smelled melting plastic! It should be a favorite that he caught it before the extreme heat damaged anything or worse! He actually burned his fingers trying to unplug it!

Anyway, I appreciated that I could get myself a Tall Mocha and have some access to the internet for a few minutes to get some things done!


Should've grabbed a fun selfie to document my appreciation, but I was so excited about the wifi I forgot! But here is the coffee!

Favorite #3
My Hunter Boots! 

I think they are too nice to be used for what I use them for right now, but I am loving them!

I mentioned in a previous post that we are in the process of building our dream home. It was has been a LOOOOOONNGGG work in progress. We purchased the lot over 4 years ago.


We are finally moving forward, and the lot is super muddy with all the rain we have had.  I wear these every time I visit the site so I don't have to plan my outfit for the day to make a 10 minute stop. I keep these beauties stowed in Target Bags in my car to contain the mud. See how perfectly they fit?



Other Posts You Might Like










                                                      © 2016 Moms' Coffee Date All Rights Reserved



Comments

  1. I'm going to need a full Disney recap! My husband and I are both teachers so we've been having to save for a while and plan to go in 2018. The kids and I are so excited (hubby was deprived as a child so he has no idea why we're all so pumped!) Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely! Do you have a time of year that you are planning on going? We are going next month, so that we get to do Mickey's Very Merry Christmas! It is a special admission for certain nights where they have a Christmas Parade and Special Activities. I think they do the same for Halloween. Also, remember to book at least 6 months in advance to be able to reserve any special activities you want to do. If you have any other questions, let me know! Hope you are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites! October 14th

Happy Friday!  We are linking up with  Erika ,  Narci  &  Andrea  for the weekly installment of Friday Favorites! This week my very top favorite is ELECTRICITY! Where I live in Virginia, was affected by Hurricane Matthew. By the time he reached us, he was downgraded to a post-tropical storm or something, but still there was a lot of damage in our area, and people are still dealing with it. We were very lucky. We had no major damage to our home. We did, however, lose power for 40 hours. Yes, I counted!  We were absolutely one of the lucky ones, as we had prepared in advance! And several years ago, we had a generator installed, so we had power to the essentials, like the refrigerator and some lights and a few outlets. Very helpful in keeping all of our devices charged!! My next favorite is celebrating this guy's birthday with his school friends a few days early! We had a video game bus come and park in front of our house. Several of Will's friends came and

Ladies Who Link: August Edition: Back To School Prep

Hey everybody!!  Sorry for our absence on last month's linkup! I know all you dedicated readers, ok...reader (Hi Mom!) missed us terribly! Summer has been quite a bear around here. We have been traveling a lot and just existing with 3 kids and a puppy has been a long, exhausting challenge. All that said, I do love them all dearly and do my best to cherish our summer time together and making fun memories...amidst the screaming and fighting. Look for the good, right?? Now that I've gotten that out of the way... Thanks for coming by for our link up! And a special thank you to our other hosts:  Allie over at A Gal Named Al ,  Lisa at Coast to Coast ,  Tara at Mommy In A Nutshell  and  Holly over at Pink Lady !! Back to School Prep time! Obviously, I am quite excited that it is time to get THIS party started. I haven't actually had to do much back to school prep to share with you. We did do our usual Target run to get what we needed. My 8th grader needed some

Stranded! September 14: Movies

This month's Stranded Linkup hosted by Shay at Mix & Match Mama and Erika at A Little Bit of Everything is all about Movies!! I don't know about you, but this is a tough one! I love so many movies! I think these three I could watch over and over and over. I think that I have to go with my all-time favorite movie as a child for the first pick. 1st Pick Oh my gosh, you guys! I LOVED this movie SO much when I was little! Hayley Mills is my favorite! This version was the only one in existence when I was young, so I am biased and think this one is MUCH better than the Lindsay Lohan remake. 2nd Pick I mean, who doesn't love Will Ferrell and his crazy antics?! And in a holiday movie!?! We have watched this so many times during Christmastime and every other time of the year! My kids can quote many favorite lines! 3rd Pick I think this one needs to be a newer comedy that my husband and I have watched so many times. I LOVE Paul Rud