Skip to main content

Friday Favorites - February 17th


If it's Friday, you know we're happy to be linking up with ErikaNarci, and Andrea!

Favorite #1


I don't think I have shared this one with you yet. I love this show! It's new this season, and I love the characters. They are quirky, but fun. If you need a good laugh and not easily offended, you should definitely check it out. I am a very sarcastic person, so I really enjoy this sense of humor.

Favorite #2

My sweet family

We had a very nice Valentine's Day! It has become a fun tradition (I forgot to get pictures!! Argh!!) to dine together in our actual dining room! We have an Italian dish of some sort, usually Chicken Parmesan, but this year I found heart shaped ravioli. We dine by candlelight with Frank Sinatra style background music. And then we have a actual dessert. We don't usually have a big dessert, but this year we had a heart shaped chocolate ganache cake.

Favorite #3







I stumbled on this workout challenge on Facebook last week and I signed up.  I debated about it. I really did. I HATE to workout. I then remembered that Spring Break is fast approaching. And I played pretty fast and loose with those Trader Joe's cookies over the last few months. And the workouts are only 15 minutes. When you think of it that way, it doesn't sound so bad. You could do just about anything for 15 minutes, right? I have done 3 days so far, and it is an intense 15 minutes. It's challenging and I am sore, but I think I like it. I doubt I will look like the instructor...ever...but toning up a bit before donning a bathing suit sure would be nice.

-Sara

I am furiously packing for our next dance competition in Pittsburgh, but I wanted to share a couple of my favorites from this week!

Favorite #1
We had a sleepover for my oldest daughter's birthday this weekend, and she wanted to make slime as one of the activities.  For some reason, making slime has been quite popular in my area lately.  In fact, many stores are SOLD OUT of white school glue because of its popularity!  She wanted to find a new recipe that we have not tried and I found this one for "fluffy slime": 
http://www.whatsupmoms.com/make/fluffy-slime-best-recipe/#.WKZaQ28rLIU

I was pretty happy with how it turned out.  The shaving cream really does make it "fluffy",  It almost has a marshmallow consistency.  More importantly, the girls loved it and it kept them occupied for quite a while!  I put some in a container for each of them so that they could play with it later as well. I would definitely try it again.




Favorite #2
My youngest daughter and I have become quite obsessed with brush lettering.  She is my artistic child, so she wants to try and learn how to do it.  Sara showed me an Instagram account of a woman that is amazing at brush lettering, @kellycreates.  She puts videos of herself doing brush lettering and I could honestly watch it for hours!  I did some research on her site and on Amazon to find good markers for my daughter to start with, and we decided to try Tombow Dual Brush Pen Art Markers. We have played around with them some and we realize that we need to use practice sheets for brush lettering.  I have found some for free online, so once we get back from Pittsburgh I plan to print them out so that my daughter can practice.



Sorry for the short post!  I have more packing and laundry to do before we leave in the morning.  I will post next week about our trip.  We won't have a lot of time to explore Pittsburgh, but I am hoping that we will be able to see a little of the area before we leave.

-Trina





Other Posts You Might Enjoy






Comments

  1. The brush lettering looks so cool! My kids at school got banned from selling slime this year. Apparently the trend hit the whole country! Love the Sinatra tunes for Vday dinner! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew that workout just might get me motivated! ha! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites! October 14th

Happy Friday!  We are linking up with  Erika ,  Narci  &  Andrea  for the weekly installment of Friday Favorites! This week my very top favorite is ELECTRICITY! Where I live in Virginia, was affected by Hurricane Matthew. By the time he reached us, he was downgraded to a post-tropical storm or something, but still there was a lot of damage in our area, and people are still dealing with it. We were very lucky. We had no major damage to our home. We did, however, lose power for 40 hours. Yes, I counted!  We were absolutely one of the lucky ones, as we had prepared in advance! And several years ago, we had a generator installed, so we had power to the essentials, like the refrigerator and some lights and a few outlets. Very helpful in keeping all of our devices charged!! My next favorite is celebrating this guy's birthday with his school friends a few days early! We had a video game bus come and park in front of our house. Several of Will's friends came and

Stranded! September 14: Movies

This month's Stranded Linkup hosted by Shay at Mix & Match Mama and Erika at A Little Bit of Everything is all about Movies!! I don't know about you, but this is a tough one! I love so many movies! I think these three I could watch over and over and over. I think that I have to go with my all-time favorite movie as a child for the first pick. 1st Pick Oh my gosh, you guys! I LOVED this movie SO much when I was little! Hayley Mills is my favorite! This version was the only one in existence when I was young, so I am biased and think this one is MUCH better than the Lindsay Lohan remake. 2nd Pick I mean, who doesn't love Will Ferrell and his crazy antics?! And in a holiday movie!?! We have watched this so many times during Christmastime and every other time of the year! My kids can quote many favorite lines! 3rd Pick I think this one needs to be a newer comedy that my husband and I have watched so many times. I LOVE Paul Rud

Ladies Who Link: August Edition: Back To School Prep

Hey everybody!!  Sorry for our absence on last month's linkup! I know all you dedicated readers, ok...reader (Hi Mom!) missed us terribly! Summer has been quite a bear around here. We have been traveling a lot and just existing with 3 kids and a puppy has been a long, exhausting challenge. All that said, I do love them all dearly and do my best to cherish our summer time together and making fun memories...amidst the screaming and fighting. Look for the good, right?? Now that I've gotten that out of the way... Thanks for coming by for our link up! And a special thank you to our other hosts:  Allie over at A Gal Named Al ,  Lisa at Coast to Coast ,  Tara at Mommy In A Nutshell  and  Holly over at Pink Lady !! Back to School Prep time! Obviously, I am quite excited that it is time to get THIS party started. I haven't actually had to do much back to school prep to share with you. We did do our usual Target run to get what we needed. My 8th grader needed some