Skip to main content

Top 10 Summer Highlights!



Those long summer days are waning, and school days are almost here. We are excited to share our top 10 highlights of this summer with you!

Sara's Top 5 are:

1. Our family vacation to Cancun!!
It is crazy to see how much our blog has grown since then! I didn't write about anything other than the place we stayed! I missed a huge opportunity to share with you the fun we had! Maybe I can later post a more detailed retrospective.

We had a blast! Eddie and I renewed our vows on the beach for our 15th Anniversary!

We went on a jungle tour and snorkeling! (We don't have pictures because cameras/phones don't mix with water!)
We swam with dolphins!

We played in the pool, and at the beach!

We spent time with my Aunt, my Mom and my niece! It really is one of the best family trips in recent memory!

2. Outer Banks Trip Part 1Part 2
It was such a wonderful visit with my family! I really love spending time with my sister! I get to see her and her family so rarely, we really cherish the limited time we get!

3. My crazy awesome birthday week!

How can ribbon cutting with the mayor AND seeing the Zac Brown Band on my Birthday(!) In someone's BACKYARD(!!) not make it in the top 5?!?! Probably of all time!

4. Spending time together as a family.
Swimming in our pool...

Blueberry picking at our family Farmhouse...



5. And after FOUR years of owning a lot and preparing to build our dream home...we finally got started!!!!
It's a long story, but we are putting in a pool and it has to go in first because of the way the house will be situated on the lot. We are all so VERY excited to be making progress!!

We had our ups (listed above) and downs (kids fighting, etc.) this summer, but overall it was a great one! We are looking forward to Fall and all the fun it brings with it!

-Sara 


Trina's Top 5:


1. Our 2 trips to the beach!  The beach is truly my family's favorite place to play and relax.  I feel very fortunate that we were able to go twice this year.



2.  Creating tie dyed t-shirts with my girls was so much fun!  Since I am not exceptionally crafty, I was really excited that the final product turned out so great.  The girls wear the shirts all of the time.


3. Making cupcakes with my youngest daughter was one of my favorite memories because I rarely get time with just 1 of my daughters.  I love being able to have some one-on-one time with them.  She loves baking and creating things, so this was the perfect activity for us to do together.




4. Our trip to Montpelier and peach picking was one of my favorite trips this summer.  The whole family had a great time and we got to eat delicious treats!




5. Our trip to Luray Caverns and JMU was another great family trip.  Luray Caverns was a new experience for my whole family.  I also really loved being able to show my girls where I went to college.





It has been an incredible summer!  I definitely think that we have done things this summer that we will never forget.

-Trina

Our Most Popular Posts You Also Might Like:








                                                                © 2016 Moms' Coffee Date All Rights Reserved

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Favorites! October 14th

Happy Friday!  We are linking up with  Erika ,  Narci  &  Andrea  for the weekly installment of Friday Favorites! This week my very top favorite is ELECTRICITY! Where I live in Virginia, was affected by Hurricane Matthew. By the time he reached us, he was downgraded to a post-tropical storm or something, but still there was a lot of damage in our area, and people are still dealing with it. We were very lucky. We had no major damage to our home. We did, however, lose power for 40 hours. Yes, I counted!  We were absolutely one of the lucky ones, as we had prepared in advance! And several years ago, we had a generator installed, so we had power to the essentials, like the refrigerator and some lights and a few outlets. Very helpful in keeping all of our devices charged!! My next favorite is celebrating this guy's birthday with his school friends a few days early! We had a video game bus come and park in front of our house. Several of Will's friends came and

Ladies Who Link: August Edition: Back To School Prep

Hey everybody!!  Sorry for our absence on last month's linkup! I know all you dedicated readers, ok...reader (Hi Mom!) missed us terribly! Summer has been quite a bear around here. We have been traveling a lot and just existing with 3 kids and a puppy has been a long, exhausting challenge. All that said, I do love them all dearly and do my best to cherish our summer time together and making fun memories...amidst the screaming and fighting. Look for the good, right?? Now that I've gotten that out of the way... Thanks for coming by for our link up! And a special thank you to our other hosts:  Allie over at A Gal Named Al ,  Lisa at Coast to Coast ,  Tara at Mommy In A Nutshell  and  Holly over at Pink Lady !! Back to School Prep time! Obviously, I am quite excited that it is time to get THIS party started. I haven't actually had to do much back to school prep to share with you. We did do our usual Target run to get what we needed. My 8th grader needed some

Stranded! September 14: Movies

This month's Stranded Linkup hosted by Shay at Mix & Match Mama and Erika at A Little Bit of Everything is all about Movies!! I don't know about you, but this is a tough one! I love so many movies! I think these three I could watch over and over and over. I think that I have to go with my all-time favorite movie as a child for the first pick. 1st Pick Oh my gosh, you guys! I LOVED this movie SO much when I was little! Hayley Mills is my favorite! This version was the only one in existence when I was young, so I am biased and think this one is MUCH better than the Lindsay Lohan remake. 2nd Pick I mean, who doesn't love Will Ferrell and his crazy antics?! And in a holiday movie!?! We have watched this so many times during Christmastime and every other time of the year! My kids can quote many favorite lines! 3rd Pick I think this one needs to be a newer comedy that my husband and I have watched so many times. I LOVE Paul Rud